Saturday, June 04, 2011

Necklace Raffle & Drawing

 I'm afraid those of you who have been asking me about my "big announcement" are going to be disappointed.  No one's having a baby, getting married, or anything like that.

Actually, I have 2 things to share.  First, Jordann got into Berean Christian High School.  And we found out yesterday that she got a scholarship.  Not a full scholarship, but it will cover a big chunk of the tuition.  Yay, Jordy!!!

Second, my sister started a team for us to walk in the Relay for Life next weekend.  We are walking in memory of my mother, who died last year of liver cancer.
 If you look at our team page you'll see that my sister has done a good job of raising money.  But the rest of us are lagging far behind.  So we came up with the idea of raffling necklaces.  

My sister will have the first necklace at the relay next weekend.  You'll be able to see it there and buy tickets from her.  I did make one little change... I switched the "peace" and "hope" charms so that "hope" is hanging from the key.
You can enter the drawing for this second necklace by making a donation on our team website.  After the Relay I'll write all the donor names on pieces of paper and have someone draw a name.  So even if you've already donated your name will be in the drawing.  The size of the donation doesn't matter.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your donation!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...