Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Birthday Banner

Well, Glenn took my camera with him to Michigan.  He's supposed to be taking lots of pictures of Lauren, Mark & her other friends, dorm, classroom, SNOW, & anything else interesting -- since I had to stay home & work.  :-(  So I had to pull up some old pictures.  I don't think I ever blogged all these, or if I have it's been a LONG time.  I made the original birthday banner for my dh's admin.  We draped it around the edge of the table that the birthday cake was on.  
This is a great way to use up bits of scrapbook & other papers.  I made Nat's with some old sheet music, too.  First, draw a pattern of how big you want the finished pennant to be.  Cut it out, trace it onto thick cardstock, then flip it over and draw a mirror image.  You should have a diamond shape now.  Cut it out & use it for a pattern.  Trace & cut out lots of different papers.  Apply glue to one side of the diamond, lay the string down the center, fold the paper over, and press well.  

I cut tiny squares out of old paper & stamped the sentiment with an old typewriter font set of stamps -- in pink for this little girl!  Then glued them on.  

2 comments:

Jen**SugaredSongbird** said...

I love it- so simple, yet so chic!

Cottage In The Sun said...

I love banners and those are so pretty. I have Tons of leftover scrapbook paper ... !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...