Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tutorial #11: Magnetic Bookmark/Thank You

I haven't posted a tutorial in a while so I thought I'd show you what I made on my day off.  I'm participating in a wedding/bridal shower challenge & thought I'd play around with some 'useable' thank you notes.  (Also thinking about things we'll actually use for Lauren's wedding.)  These have magnet strips inside & close around a page you're reading in your book.  The one on the right was made completely on the computer.  I just cut it out.  These next two are for anniversaries.

To make these I started out with a 2" x 6" piece of cardstock, folded in half.  Then I added the embellishments & photos.  For magnets I used some business card sized magnet sheets I had.  I think someone gave these to me.  I don't remember ever buying them.I played a little with fonts, too.  
I really wanted to put the picture of Lauren in her wedding dress on this last one, but didn't want Mark to see it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...