Monday, December 27, 2010

My First Menu Plan Monday

Well, Christmas Day is over... but it's never really over.  :-)  It's really just the beginning.  This is a very different holiday season for us.  The first that we haven't been back to Texas.  I couldn't go anywhere because someone with seniority had already asked for the time off & I'm the "only other one" who can do her job.  It's also the first Christmas since my Mom died.  But there was some great news, too:  My sister had a baby on Christmas Day!  My daughter & son-in-law spent the week with us.  We got the "funnest" family gift ever -- Kinect for XBox.  We're all sore from playing it so much.  We got to spend a lot of time with our friends & neighbors here in California.  Glenn took this week off work so he & Jordy can do some things together.  Tomorrow they're going to Tahoe.  Another day they're going into San Francisco.  And they're going to put up the Christmas tree & Jordy's doing some cooking.  I'd been thinking about joining in on Menu Plan Monday over at OrgJunkie.com & I thought this would be a great week to start since she planned the menu for me this week.  I took her to Trader Joe's & it's amazing what different items I came out with when I have someone else with me.  Here's her plan:

Monday:  on the road home from Tahoe
Tuesday:  Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Sticks, Salad
Wednesday:  Curry Naan, Rice Pilaf, Green Beans
Thursday:  Orange Chicken, Potstickers, Fried Rice with Veggies
Friday (breakfast):  Biscuits, Gravy, Sausage
Friday:  New Year's Eve Party!  (Which means a lot of junk food! Glenn already asked for black-eyed pea salsa.)
Saturday: Soup (don't know what kind yet)
Sunday:  Panda Express

And every day lunch for me is Vegetable Soup.  I'll have to take a picture for you this week.  And since Jordy got a camera for Christmas she's going to be taking pictures of the food.  So I can build up my photo stash again & share more food photos with you.
Our Texas visit in 2004-2005

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

Welcome to MPM!

You have a great sounding week -- I'm intrigued by the black-eye pea salsa... yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...