Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Last/First Jewelry of the Year

 I got power tools for Christmas!  After dropping hints over a month ago that I wanted a Dremel, I forgot by Christmas Day & was surprised when Glenn handed me a VERY heavy package.  I opened it & it was the Dremel I wanted.  I haven't had much time to play with it yet but after working 9 hours yesterday I needed to do something fun.  So I went up to my craft room & started drilling holes in things.  :-)  Yes, that was very relaxing for me.  Here's what I came up with... what do you think?
 One of the  reasons I wanted a Dremel was so I could drill holes in things & make jewelry.  I can't decide if I want to add beads to all the bracelets.   Do you like this one better...
 Or the plain ones without extra beads?
 I started with this one for Valentine's Day but may put it in the shop for our special New Year's Day opening.  Yes, the shop (Room With a Past) is open on New Year's Day, 10 am - 2 pm, for all you ladies who don't want to watch football.  I won't be there this weekend but my jewelry & whatever's left of Christmas will.  And Christmas is all 50% off.
I also drilled holes in other game pieces: mahjongg tiles, dominoes, poker chips, checkers, & trying to figure out how to drill chess pieces.  :-)

I'd love to hear comments or suggestions.  My cutter attachment has been ordered so next I'll start cutting things to add to the jewelry.

1 comment:

Holly Days Closet said...

I really like the Faith, Hope, and Love braclets. I have been thinking about doing some something like that for my daughter.
Holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...