Thursday, November 04, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 9 - My Family & Our Thanksgiving Tree

 Some things are too personal to put on a blog.  Let's just say this has been an emotionally draining week for me & Glenn.  Nothing major... just a lot of strange little things.  So today, I'm thankful AGAIN for my family and also my spiritual family.  I should probably list those 2 as my top "to be thankful for" things every day this 30DoT.

Anyway, on to something I know you've ALL been waiting for.  lol...  Our Thanksgiving Tree!  No, we still haven't taken it down.  Although Glenn now wants to put up the green tree for Christmas so I'll still have to crawl to the back of the attic to put this one up & get out the green one.

I wasn't too sure how I would like the white tree decorated for TG.  I was talking about it last week with one of my Room With a Past "neighbors" and she suggested burlap ribbon... couldn't find any except in places I'd have to order it & spend $20+.  Didn't want to do that.  So I just pulled out the box of fall decorations that I hadn't put out yet & threw it all on the tree.  What do you think?  Does anyone else have a TG tree?

I added my Happy Thanksgiving & Give Thanks banners.  Here's the tutorial if you want to make your own.  I think there may still be some kits in my Etsy shop & I still have lots of blank tickets there, too.
 There really is a "G" at the beginning of this banner.
 Here's an new one for us this year.  I was looking for more TG crafts online & found this website.  I just happened to have these empty glass balls leftover from one of Jordy's projects last year.  There are more fun ideas there, too.
 I will give You thanks forever 
because You have done it.
Psalm 52:9a
What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...