Tuesday, November 02, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 7 - Tuesdays & Money

That title may need a little more explanation.  Tuesdays are my day off.  I try to get all my shopping, errands, & appointments done on Tuesdays.  Plus I get in a little craft time.  So they're often busier than the days I work!  But I enjoy the change of pace & being home.  Today I did some shopping (if you keep up with my Facebooks status you may have read about some of the things I bought), came home, did some crafting, now I'm making soup for a soup diet that Jackie and I are on.

While I was alone in my craft room I did some thinking - no tv, no music, nobody else at home, just nice & quiet.  I was thankful for my day off & for having a job that is flexible & I that I don't have to work full-time.  I'm thankful that even though I may sometimes complain about money, we have ALWAYS had plenty.  Even when we didn't have ANY.  God met our needs.  I complained last week about Margie's social security being cut.  Today, instead of complaining, I was thankful that we live in a country that she still gets something.  I was thankful that when we've had to cut back on our spending -- even food -- we've never gone hungry.  I was thankful for the shopping opportunities that are available to me.  I bought a shirt at a thrift store today.  Most people don't even know that I shop mostly at thrift stores!  I used to remind people that there are people worse off than us all around the world.  Today we all know people who have lost jobs & homes.  They're right here... not around the world.  We are still VERY blessed.

The photo above is from a hike we went on a few years ago.

The Lord is my strength & my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, & I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
& with my song I shall thank Him.
Psalm 28:7

What are you thankful for?  If you have a blog, don't forget to leave a link on the original 30DoT post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...