Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ballard... but Cheaper!

I discovered Ballard Designs last year and really like their decorating ideas.  But NOT their prices.

I saw these antique silverware molds a few months ago.  Of course I like them, 'cause they're grungy.  And Jo says my style isn't "shabby chic", it's "grungy chic."

But I didn't like the $49 price tag.  I found a tutorial online that shows how to make them but it looked like a lot of trouble -- and very messy.
 So I couldn't believe it a few weeks later when I walked into Goodwill and found these.  Not exactly the same thing, but these have little hooks on them, too!  And Jo needed a place to hang all her measuring cups & spoons so they're close by whenever she wants to make cookies for us! 

Guess what I paid for them?....

$3.99!
I didn't copy this from Ballard.  It's just a little reminder that this weekend is the Room With a Past sale!

Thursday, 5/19, 6-9 pm
Friday, 5/20, 9 am - 4 pm
Saturday, 5/21, 9 am - 4 pm
Sunday, 5/22, 10 am - 4 pm

1557 Third Avenue
Walnut Creek, CA

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Great find! It takes frequent trips to the thrifts to make these things happen, that's for sure.....
Think I just talked myself into a trip to town today....
Heidi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...