Monday, January 03, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 1st Week of the New Year!

I had a couple of questions about my black-eyed pea salsa after mentioning it on MPM last week so I thought I'd share it with you.  This actually looks different than it usually does.  I usually mix 2 cups peas with some Rotel tomatoes but I was out.  And I didn't cook these myself either.  It's a can of peas (drained) mixed with some of Jordy's famous salsa and a can of Hatch green chilies.  It wasn't as spicy as usual but everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Jordy was with me again for part of my grocery shopping this week so again, we're having some unique meals this week.

Sunday (last night): THICK chicken soup (Jo's request... I'm trying to make my soup thicker for her.)
Monday: Tikka Masala Curry Chicken, Basmati Rice Medley, Green Beans, & Naan
Tuesday: Spinach Tortellini with Cheese Filling, Tomato Sauce
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken, Garlic Fries, Salad
Thursday: Leftover Night (choir & youth Bible study)
Friday:  Surprise!
Saturday: Baked Potato Soup

For more menus, check out Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...