Tuesday, November 09, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 14 - Giving Thanks in Creative Ways, Turkeys & Chalkcloth Runners

 I sure do have some creative family members & friends!  My sister is a little busy right now - homeschooling with 3 kids and another due around Christmas time.  But she's still teaching her kids how to be thankful.  Look what she made for them.  Every day they add another feather to the turkey.  Isn't this cute?  You can read all about it on her blog.

And I found the project below on one of the blogs that I read.  Remember on day 8 when I gave you the link to make the Thanksgiving Chalk Cloth Placemats?  Laura at Finding Home has a whole chalk cloth runner!




And if you don't want to make these yourself, Laura found an Etsy shop - Modern June - that sells the finished products.  Check out her shop, I haven't bought from her myself, but Laura did and I think it looks great on her table!  I should have gone to JoAnn's today to look for chalk cloth, but I had my glasses fixed & bought groceries instead.

I shall remember the deeds of the Lord;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all Your work
and muse on Your deeds.
Your way, O God, is holy.
What god is great like our God?
Psalm 77:11-13

How are you teaching your family to give thanks?

5 comments:

Finding Home said...

Thank you so much for featuring my blog on yours. I love your sister's idea as well, and on top of home schooling and expecting! She is my hero!

onemotherslove said...

Hahaha! (at that last comment!) That runner looks beautiful! I've never seen chalk writing look so neat. Looks like a paint pen. Cute ideas. Love you, Sissy!

Linda said...

Hi. This is my post for the same day you posted yours.

http://remotetreechanger.blogspot.com/2010/11/30-days-of-thanksgiving.html

Enjoying this meme.

Grandpa said...

I'm glad you found time to buy groceries so Glen doesn't go hungry.

Linda said...

http://remotetreechanger.blogspot.com/2010/11/30-days-of-thanksgiving-days-to-14-to.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...