Thursday, September 09, 2010

Texas, Day One

I've been back for a couple of days already but I'm still unpacking, sorting through photos, etc.  I'll try to share photos a day at a time from my trip.  Day One:  Why was the first thing on my agenda to go to the R&K cafe?  I split a chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and fried okra with Lauren.  Mmmmmmmmm.....  My dad had mentioned to me the week before that he told Lauren about the Mystery Grave in Grandview and wanted to take her.  I asked him to wait until I got there.  It had been a while since I'd seen it.  So, after lunch we went out to the cemetery.  Alan had been doing some research on some of his ancestors & wanted to find some graves so we visited some relatives, too.  My mother's parents:

My father's parents:
And that reminds me... we need to find out the correct way to reattach that vase.  The Mystery Grave:
I love the detail in the old ironwork & marble & took lots of pictures of the fences, gates, and tombstones.
The kids found some bugs so Mark had a little lesson on insects.  See, we studied local history and science at the same time!
This angel reminded me of my mom.  She sent me gift subscriptions to the Angels Magazine every year. Maybe we can find a statue like this for her.
Day Two & more coming later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...