Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday

On the way home from church Sunday Margie sighed really loud.  
Me:  Are you feeling bad or are you just tired?
Margie:  I don't know.  You know, you'd think when you're 75 you're still young and can flip around like you always did.  (No, she's not 75 yet.)

There was an article in the paper Sunday about dementia & Altzheimer's.  Margie found it & read parts aloud to me then said, "I don't think I have what the doctor's said I do... I don't remember what they said I had but I don't have it.  I just have trouble remembering things."

BTW, I took the photo above on one of our hikes.  I love being able to hike and look down on the birds.  

2 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Hi ... I was browsing the Etsy cottage style site and the names Frances Marie Rhodes jumped out at me. My name is Frances Marie (altho I've been called Francie all my life) and my Grandmother was a Rhodes. so I had to stop by :)) My Rhodes family moved from Mississippi to Texas ... one of my Grandmothers sisters moved to California. I just thought it was a great coincidence.
(()) Francie

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

I think I like reading about Marie so much because my dad also has dementia, but he isn't nice like Margie. The further he progresses the meaner he is becoming. If I ever go down this road, I am praying that I am like Margie. Thanks for posting these heartfelt stories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...