Saturday, December 05, 2009

Earning My Christmas Money!

I've been trying to list at least one Christmas ornament a day in my Etsy shop. Here are a few examples. I think I need to list Christmas ornaments in the summer next year instead of waiting 'til after Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll just leave them in my shop all year long. :-)
I also made a pair of fingerless gloves a few weeks ago. Our new office is much colder in the morning than our old office was. And my desk is right behind the receptionist area so we get the cold air whenever patients come in. I found some super soft cashmere yarn for my gloves. When I wore them to work everyone loved them & wanted a pair for themselves. My office manager even recommended I should put up a sign up sheet in the kitchen and take orders. The cashmere yarn is a little expensive & hard to find so I'm making wool/acrylic gloves. Several people offered to buy pairs. I took 3 pair in the first day and they were sold almost immediately. Then I started taking orders. I have 5 pairs ordered right now. Made a purple pair last night and started on some black ones today while we were driving around town. (Glenn was driving, not me.) I also relisted some items in my crochet shop that didn't sell last winter. I don't have a picture of my gloves yet. I'll try to get a good one when the lighting is better.
I made an Etsy sale last week to someone who lives in Walnut Creek. I just delivered it to her. So, if you're local and make a purchase from either of my shops I'll meet you somewhere instead of mailing it and save you the shipping fee. Here are my shops: Christmas ornaments are here, crochet scarves & hats are here.

2 comments:

blushing rose said...

OMG! What gorgeous creations. You do beautiful work.

TTFN~ Marydon
Join us at our new blog ~ blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Love the ornaments. Could use a pair of those gloves now - I'm a hot-natured person and am taking to being cold lately. Brrrr. Looking for a photo of the gloves.
Also - I posted on the Cookie Exc. link 12/1 - is that adequate? Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...