Monday, November 02, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day Two, Girls & New Neighbors

OK, this photo is definitely going to need an explanation. Take a good look first:
We have new neighbors. They're an answer to prayer and we are thankful for them even though we don't know them very well yet. Since we live in a townhouse & share a wall good neighbors are very important! We loved the last neighbor but she had a very unfortunate incident in her life and she had to move. The house was empty for a long time & I kept praying every day that we'd get some nice, quiet neighbors that we could be friends with. They're finally here. They just got married this summer after meeting on E-Harmony! She's from Thailand and doesn't speak English very well yet. But I've "talked" to her several times and she seems to be trying to reach out & make friends. Yesterday after we got home from church they came over to bring us dessert that she'd made. I can't even begin to spell what she called it. Maybe someone more familiar with Asian foods can help me out. It has a chocolate-y flavor to it. The green things are tapioca and, yes, those are kidney beans. There were some other things in it that looked like veggies & noodles. I think I could have handled it better if it didn't have the beans in it. (No one else in the house tried it... chickens!) Here's another thing I'm thankful for today:
My Girls!!!

I've had a couple of people suggest Mr. Linky. I'll work on setting that up tomorrow (my day off). Also, if you're looking for directions to put the button on your blog they can be found here.

6 comments:

♥Mimi♥ said...

When I first saw the soup photo I immedately thought of the beet soup that my mother used to make when I was a kid. Might not be the same thing, but it sure brought back memories.☺

Ginger said...

Found your blog today, and I love the 30 days of Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday, and it is so sadly neglected by Christians as well as unbelievers. Thanks for the great reminder to constantly be grateful. May I come late to the party?
BTW,the wedding photo is gorgeous!
Nice to meet you,
Ginger

Nina Morelli said...

Oh....thanks to the Lord.... they are so sweet....God bless them....

Anonymous said...

That photo is one of my absolute favorites of your girls. You are so very blessed with them and they, with you.

I posted late yesterday evening for the Thanksgiving post. Will be back later today. Have some new comments, new people. I love it. Thanks again. It's s neat to praise the Lord together!

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks again for this lovely idea.I really love the photo of your girls and I have had that soup before. Don't know what it is called but it is perfect on a hot summer's day when icy cold!
I hope I have linked up properly!
Best wishes, NM.
PS I answered your question on my day 1 post! Happy Day!

Pattyjo said...

Your daughters look just like their mom. I kept looking at the family picture and it was hard to find you...you look like one of the girls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...