Monday, November 24, 2008

Meatball Minestrone

My sister made minestrone this week in her new kitchen so I thought I'd share my minestrone recipe, too.  My family doesn't really like the vegetarian recipe -- they love meatballs!  This is one of my easy "Canned Soup" recipes, you use a lot of cans to make it.  Very easy.


olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 can white beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can green beans, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes 
1 qt chicken stock 
24 meatballs 
1/2 c diced carrots
1-2 t Italian seasoning (I use less if I use a can of tomatoes with Italian seasoning or seasoned meatballs.)
1 zucchini, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
2 c small pasta
Parmesan cheese

Saute onion & celery in olive oil.  Add the beans, tomatoes, chicken stock, carrots, Italian seasoning, & meatballs.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.  Add zucchini, squash, & pasta.  Simmer another 10-15 minutes.  Serve with grated Parmesan on top and some crusty French bread.  This is one of my family's FAVORITE meals in the winter!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...