Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's for dinner?

I realized that I'd been bugging Lauren about adding photos to her blog and I hadn't added any to mine this week.   So, here's one I took last week.  I make this pasta salad a lot and never do it exactly the same twice.  Whenever I cook pasta I cook the whole box.  What we don't eat at the first meal may return as mac & cheese or pasta salad.  Here's my "recipe":


leftover cold pasta, any shape
vegetables, whatever is left in the fridge.  This one had roasted asparagus, some leftover broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix, and some of my fresh tomatoes.  I also have added raw carrots, red onion, green onion, raw broccoli, red bell peppers, lettuce, raw spinach,  probably some other veggies I don't remember right now.  
dressing - I have made a pasta salad dressing from a recipe before but here lately I've been mixing salad dressings that are already in the fridge - much quicker.  I used Caesar vinegrette & ranch for this one.  Never measure.
Parmesan cheese, optional

Guess what we're having for dinner tonight?  Leftover pasta!

4 comments:

onemotherslove said...

Mmmm.... My favorite way to do it is, cold leftover pasta, tomatoes, diced red onion, & raw broccoli, covered with a mix of ranch & Italian dressings & a sprinkle of bug cheese. Mmmm.... Plus it's pretty!

We had spaghetti tonight & I was thinking it might be good the second time baked with cheese on top.

Anonymous said...

OH, my goodness!!! Our girls are so creative! That all sounds good to me.
Maybe we can have some cold pasta salad when we all come to CA?
LOVEmomma

Grandpa said...

That sounds a lot like the dishes I mix up for the dog!!

Little Blue Violet said...

looks divine !!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...