Heidi from Everyday Cookies at Sweet Woodruff Acres has nominated me for my first blog award: The Arte y Pico. Now I have to pick five blogs to give the award to. This was harder than I thought! If I could I'd give the award back to Heidi. I love her blog & she's a Flickr friend, too. But since I can't do that here are the five I chose (prepare to see a wide variety):
Friday, April 18, 2008
1. Kathi from Out on a Whim Studio - Kathi's work inspires me. I LOVE how she uses old photos and stains. (Which you know I've been trying myself recently -- hers look sooooo much better!) I recently bought a tag from one of her THREE Etsy shops. She has one for altered whimsical art, one for supplies, and one for her prim items. All three are great. She's making me think I should have another Etsy shop so I can separate my finished items from my supplies. ... WAIT... Oh, my goodness, she has yet ANOTHER Etsy shop. This one is called Get Happy and has fun retro items. Kathi is one busy creative woman!
2. Analise from Sugar*Sugar - Analise is like the pink version of me! I love all the photos of the vintage items she finds. Beautiful! And everything is pink & aqua. I recently bought some gorgeous seam binding from her in a combo pack of pink/blue/green. It's been fun to read Somerset magazines recently and see her stuff in them! Congratulations, Analise!!! If you love pastels you definitely need to go visit her Etsy shop.
3. Kris from Collage Contessa - I love how Kris combines her family & crafts in her blog. She's a homeschool mom, too. Another busy woman. Check out her Etsy shop to see her newest creation - fingernests - cute, cute, cute!!! Kris also has 2 Etsy shops.
4. Vicki from This Art That Makes Me Happy - I just found Vicki's blog a few weeks ago and it does make me happy. Especially her post for today. Made me laugh out loud. Go see it! Vicki is a great artist and shares how she makes some of her things, too. Love it!
5. Debrina from Whimsical World of Fairies - I've had Debrina marked as one of my favorite Ebay sellers for a while now. She's known as *spark*your*imagination* there. And she does spark my imagination. I love looking at her artwork. Everything this girl makes looks like it's from a fairy world. I just found her blog last week. Looks like she only started blogging about a month ago. Go welcome her to blogland.
Now here's what these five need to do:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs who deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material and also contributes to the blogging community no matter what language.
2) Each award has o have the name of the author and also a link to the blog to be visited by everyone.
3)Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and the link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4) Award winner and the one who has given the prize should link to the Arte y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
Hope everyone enjoys following the links. Gotta go let these ladies know that they've received an award now.
BTW, "happy birthday" to my sister. Let me know when you've opened your present so I can share my photos here.