Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Birthday, Lauren & Craft Day

Lauren celebrated her 17th birthday by going to softball tryouts. Then she had a nap. Here's sleepy Lauren:


I asked what meal she wanted and she picked cornbread and beans! Glenn brought her flowers, a balloon, and chocolates. Here's funny Lauren:


In the last few weeks she's forgotten her cell phone a couple of times and locked herself out of the house so here's what I got her:

I also got her a travel bag for her bathroom stuff when she goes to college. Here's silly Lauren:

Today was also Super Tuesday (did you vote?) and Marti Gras. Jordann's history class is studying the south so they had a New Orleans meal today. I made jambalaya for the class. Later this morning Karen, Roxanne, and Linda came over for our first craft day. Karen worked on her scrapbooks, Linda made some valentines, and Roxanne made a collaged spoon like the ones I've made before . Here's a peek at what I made today.


This last one's my version of the first project in Sweet Bella.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to your Lauren! Cute Valentine's projects!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
onemotherslove said...

That Doorganizer is a good idea! Tell Lauren Happy Birthday from us! Sorry we didn't post it yesterday. David & I are sick today. Have any of y'all been able to use our Christmas present yet?

Grandpa said...

We don't vote until March so we "get to" listen to all the campaign promises made in Texas for the next month. Absentee voting starts Feb. 19. Seems like that date should remind me of something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...