Saturday, December 01, 2007

My Advent Calendar

A few weeks ago I shared a WIP photo on Flickr and asked people to guess. No one guessed that what I was making was an Advent Calendar! I was inspired to make this by the matchbook swap I was in earlier this year. Then I saw a similar one online. But I made this one much more personal by using family photos on it... see anyone you recognize?

Day One happens to be my favorite. Can you tell why?


Wasn't I cute? :-)

Day 12 is all the cousins. This was before E came along. Sorry, I'll have to take another photo when we're down for Christmas.

Day 16: They're little angels when they sleep, so D got wings on his matchbook. Sleep in heavenly peace!

Sorry the one below was so blurry. But I wanted everyone to see E since she was left out of the cousins picture:

I typed out Scriptures, printed them, rolled them up, and put one inside each box. We'll open one a day and read what's inside. (BTW, some of them have photos on the inside, too.) We've used different Advent devotionals. This year I found a free one online, published by Lifeway. If you don't already have something to read for this year you can download it here.

Now, here are a few other Christmassy photos from around the house:





2 comments:

Heidi said...

Ann, your Advent project is wonderful! The matchbox idea is so fun! I just finished making a new Advent calendar (just this morning, as I HAD to finish, it was day one!) I have numbers and pictures, but I love your verses idea. Maybe next year... I'll post my soon.

onemotherslove said...

Oh my goodness, that Advent calendar is fabulous! And I'm on it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...