Saturday, December 29, 2007

Great's Afghans

We're still in Texas visiting with family. Glenn decided to drive down and visit his mom since he's this close. He'll make a stop on the way back at the George's and watch the Cowboys game. We haven't seen them since they moved back this summer. My project for today was to photo my grandmother's afghans. I'd like to try to copy some of the patterns. So if you recognize any of these patterns please let me know. I don't know if I'll make complete afghans but I thought some would look good as scarves.

Here's my favorite baby blanket. I have a friend who's having a baby in the spring but I don't know if I have the patience to work with baby yarn! I like the chunky yarn!






This last one must be really old. Some of the yarns were wool and are felted. And there are a few stains. But still I think this is my favorite. I kind of like that all the stripes aren't even. I think it's just a shell stitch. If you'd like to see ALL the photos I took today go over to my Flickr account.

1 comment:

Alison Gibbs said...

The Afghans are all so lovely.
Have a great New Year.
Alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...