Sunday, June 19, 2011

June at Room With A Past

 It's that time again... time for me to set up my shelf at Room With a Past.  June is one of my favorite months because the Room overflows into the parking lot for the Parking Lot sale!

There will be soooooo many goodies you won't believe it.  And bargains.  This is a time when many of the consignors clear out their own garages with items that they haven't been able to fit inside.  Don't miss it!  I am even thinking about selling my retro kitchen table & chairs.
 I was planning on having some flags and more patriotic items on my shelf this month but a reporter from Diablo magazine is going to be doing an interview and video taping the shop right before the opening.  They didn't want the video to be dated so Lauren suggested that I do an "extreme 4th of July" display for the parking lot sale.  I have a couple of big flags and my denim banners & patriotic blocks that were in Somerset Holidays last year.
 I didn't realize how many red, white, and blue books I had in my stash.  I have almost half a box that I didn't put on my shelf yet.  I'll have to add them to the "extreme" display outside.
 Here's the bottom part of the shelf... the part that's always so hard to display.  I think it looks better this month.  But as my sister pointed out, there's not much color here.  I'll add some flags & color here later.
Here's the whole shelf.  Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the side again.  But I didn't do anything very different there.  And I'll probably add to it, too.

The shop will open Thursday night at 6.  I'll work on Saturday from 10 - 2.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...