Monday, July 12, 2010

July at Room With A Past


I think this is Jordy's favorite room at the shop... a small hallway with a big chandelier.  She & I went to the shop Saturday to set up for next week's sale.  It starts Thursday at 4:00 pm.  I'll be working again on Saturday from 10 to 2 -- so come visit me!  This month is a summer/beach theme in the shop so I pulled out all my 'beachy' stuff to display.  Here's the top section of the shelf:
Here's the bottom section:
We added a lace tablecloth to the back of the top shelves.  I think the bottom looks like it might need some, too.  I'm utilizing the side of my shelf this month, too.  Most of my earrings are displayed here.  We'll see how this works out.  There's Nancy's shelf behind mine.  She hasn't set up for next week yet.  But I love the aqua things she collects & sells.
Had fun making these:
One thing I was going to work on this month was how to display the jewelry.  Most of it last month was just laying on the shelves or in baskets.  We were in Goodwill looking at jewelry when we saw this fixture.  It was on sale!  My short necklaces fit on it.  Next month I'm going to try to make a taller one.
The longer ones are just laying on the shelf.  At least they have some pretty lace to lay on now.  :-)

3 comments:

onemotherslove said...

The lace looks really good behind the shelves! How about pastel crushed velvet on the bottom? Since your displays are mostly white-ish, a pale color behind them could help them really stand out.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Very nice!

Wendy said...

I wish I could visit you at your sale! :) Your displays are so pretty! I bought a mug/cup rack at a yard sale recently & we use it to display bracelets. It's PERFECT! Also, we have satin & crushed velvet in our jewelry case. They're both blue so most of the jewelry stands out on it. We have some of those glass stones (like people use in vases a lot) scattered around. You could scatter little sea shells for your beach theme. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...