Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm Proud of My Family


But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God...  If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.  I Timothy 5:4, 8 (NIV)
I know I’ve read these verses many times before, but when I read them this week the word “grandchildren” really stood out to me.  I guess I could even say that I don’t remember that grandchildren were mentioned when I have used this verse in the past.  But I thought about it this week when I thought about how my children have responded to their grandmother moving in with us.
Jordann has been very helpful.  This has impacted her more than Lauren so far.  She doesn’t have as much room anymore.  She’s not getting as much of our time & attention.  It’s harder to get her places because we have to consider how fast Margie can move.  (And thanks to everyone giving her rides lately!!!)  But she hasn’t complained at all.  It’s been so nice to come home and see her & Margie washing dishes together.
When I first found out that Margie was coming to live with us I wanted to call Lauren to let her know that she & Mark were still welcome to come stay with us this summer.  The first words out of her mouth were... “That’s great.  Now me & Mark can help take care of her.”  I just wanted both my girls to know that I feel blessed by them.
And I’m very thankful for my husband.  He takes good care of us and he takes good care of his mom.
And please note that after our conversation in Yogurt Shack on Friday night I have posted the copyright information for the Bible verses I use!  :-)  Scroll down to the bottom on the page.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...