Monday, August 24, 2009

I Need Your Secret Recipes!

OK, all you bakers, let me know the secret to a lemon meringue pie! Here's what I was going for:
And this is what I got:
I used the recipe in my Good Housekeeping cookbook. I think I should have cooked the filling longer. I thought it was thick enough, then it said to remove it from the heat and add the lemon juice & butter. I guess I should have made it TOO thick before adding the other ingredients. :-) Anyway, it tasted good, but it was a little runny. We make a lot of pies around here during the holidays but this is the first time I've ever made a lemon meringue. And now I have 2 bags of lemons! I may try it again.

BTW, that first photo is from the cafe in Grandview where we ate chicken fried steak the night before we left. Mmmmmmmmmmmm....... Glenn wants me to put that much meringue on it next time, too!

2 comments:

onemotherslove said...

The only good thing about meringue is that it lifts off easily.

Anonymous said...

I fail at meringue. It's my Achilles heel. As for the phot one, there was a recipe for that in one of the Tauton's Fine Cooking magazines. It might be one their site, but it looked like waaay too much work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...