Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Swiffer's Sweater

So, after telling y'all I had a new crochet pattern book & I wanted to make something out of it I did start another crochet project... but not from the book!  I was out of Swiffer mop refills and found this pattern online.  It's a good thing I took a picture before I used it.  You wouldn't want to see it after just being used once.  Those ridges really picked up the dust balls & hairs!  
If you sew, but don't crochet, here's a pattern for a mop cover made from old t-shirts.  You can also buy them on Etsy.  Here's one made of flannel.  And here are some that are crocheted, but a little different style than mine.  Here's one with aliens on it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and the kind comment! This is such a cool idea and am going to try making one. I have been crocheting dishcloths and I'll need to change over to knitting if the pattern isn't too difficult.

Karen Bosch said...

Swiffer sweaters! Who knew???? I need to add this to my list of things to try - looks very practical!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

LOL!!! I am making a swiffer cover too!! Yours looks great!!

Anonymous said...

great ideas! I love the idea of not throwing things away - like the swiffer cloths.

Anna K. said...

What a great idea! I just feel so bad using those one time pads! A wonderful solution for that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...