Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Washington, D.C. - Day 1B Photos

So, we *started* visiting the monuments at around 5 on our first full day of sightseeing in D.C.  I wouldn't recommend this with young children.  We already had blisters by this time but the air was cooler so we wanted to take advantage of that.  And miss the rush hour crowds on the Metro.  


From the Washington Monument we took off -- west, I think -- to walk a loop around the other half of the mall.  First, the WWII Memorial:


Very friendly squirrels:

Jefferson - This was taken from across the pool.  We didn't walk to it.


Korean War:


Lincoln - I think it's size surprised us all.



Looking back:


Vietnam War:

And a message to remember:





2 comments:

Pipesville said...

Some of those look alot like the pictures we took in DC.

onemotherslove said...

Make sure you check my Flickr for some fun photos... and my house painted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...