Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday with G'ma & G'pa


We didn't do much today.  Right now we're waiting for Grandpa to get back from his walk.  While he was off caching I went on my evening walk.  So when he got back he was going to go out & meet me.  Somehow we missed each other.  I may have to go out and find him... it's getting dark.  

I pulled out several boxes of photos this afternoon and we had a good time looking through them.  I have an idea for Christmas that I want to start working on that involves using old family photos.  I started scanning a few.  I have LOTS of blurry photos & pictures with people's heads cut off, etc.  I just need to get rid of some of these.  That's hard!  I think my photography skills have improved over the years!  This cute one was taken in 1996.

Just wait to see which photo I post on June 21st!  he he he...

Also, I have a question for any of you who have had items published in Somerset or other magazines.  Do you blog photos before the magazines come out?  

SE, Grandma wanted me to share a recipe with you.  We had Southwestern Spaghetti.  I saw the recipe yesterday on Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller.  I just did a couple of things different.  Instead of using a can of tomatoes and 2 jalepenos I used a can of Rotel and another of tomato sauce.  And we put a Mexican cheese blend on top instead of Parmesan.  Everyone loved it and it's all gone.

PS - Grandpa just walked in.  Thought I'd let you know so you wouldn't worry about him.  :-)

3 comments:

bluemuf said...

Hi Ann, I just dropped by to tell you I was lucky to receive one of your beautiful panels in the Birds and Bonnets Swap. I received my package last week and the panels are so gorgeous. I really enjoyed this swap.

Hugs Karen

Heidi said...

Hi Ann,
Cute photo! And I'm glad you announced Grandpa coming back in before you signed out, I would have been worried!!! I don't know if Somerset has a policy on posting any pictures before the actual magazine comes out. You might ask via email. Other than that...if they have NOT said to post, then go ahead and post your own photos! I have seen quite a few bloggers pre-posting from the next Life issue, so I really do think it's okay. HE HE...plus I can't wait to see what you have there....

*Heidi*

onemotherslove said...

Digital cameras also greatly helps our photo quality - you can see it instantly & delete & retake if necessary! Plus you don't have to spend money on developing fuzzy photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...