Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Trip to Six Flags

I talked to my sister today and told her I was going to post my family photos from yesterday.  We went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo.  Glenn & J have season passes and they had coupons to bring a friend for free on Mother's Day.  I like this park.  It's like a cross between an amusement park, zoo, and Sea World.  Not as many rides as the one in Arlington.

Here's the first one.  No one knew I was taking this one.  I think Glenn fell asleep!  :-)  I was trying not to laugh too hard as I was doing this.   We're waiting for the tiger show to start.


So, a couple of family members woke up and decided to participate.  


Finally the tiger show started.  It was worth the wait.  His paws were HUGE!


Here's L with her favorite animal.  Did you know that a giraffe's tongue is 18" long?  The park freezes fruits & veggies and then hangs them for the giraffes to eat.


Sharing a sweet sister moment.  I think this is right before they started wrestling and trying to knock each other to the ground.  lol...


One of my favorite places is the butterfly garden.  It's a big greenhouse with lots of plants and butterflies inside.  I've never seen them as active as they were yesterday.  I got a lot of good photos and even more blurry ones or pictures of plants with no butterflies.  Those little things are fast!  Here's a few that were still long enough for me to get close to them.



J & Glenn sat outside & waited for us.  Too many flowers in the greenhouse for Glenn.  He was already sneezing.


Then we went in the aquarium tunnel and watched the sharks swim over us.  None of my photos turned out very good.  Here's L right before Sylvester turned around and kissed her!  We gave her a hard time about that the rest of the day.


Saying "goodbye" to Foghorn.  See ya again soon!  I think we have another free coupon for Father's Day!  


Oh, I was playing around with the Mac again and tried to shrink some photos even more... here's what happened.  (Angie, tell Gary that the export feature is working pretty good for me.  I'm just not always sure what size to make them!)





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics, Sis! What cute tiny little picture! : ) Those butterflies are gorgeous! Tell L that I've got some giraffe photos on Flickr!

onemotherslove said...

That's wierd. I'm logged in, but it says I'm anonymous.

onemotherslove said...

Oh, there I am... Don't know what happened before.

Thanks for the pics, Sis! What cute tiny little picture! : ) Those butterflies are gorgeous! Tell L that I've got some giraffe photos on Flickr!

Grandpa said...

Looks like an interesting place. I remember driving past there.

Anonymous said...

if you're a 17-18 yo male in a Sylvester suit, when else can you land one and not get slapped

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...