Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I got a....

1.) Camera!

2.) Job!



1.) Here's my camera. It's a Kodak Easyshare, very similar to my old camera so I won't have too much to learn! But my old camera was only about a 2.5 megapixel & this one's a 5.0. I couldn't figure out how to take a picture of it so I just included the photo from the website.

2.) A Job! I had been thinking about getting a part-time job for a while to help get ready to pay for high school & college. Our church has a job network and I got a notebook from them that includes information on writing resumes, interviewing, networking, etc. I hadn't even read it yet. I've looked a few times in the paper, but never found anything part time that I'd like that would actually pay enough to make it worthwhile -- eBay was covering that.

So Sunday I walked by the bulletin board and saw a flyer for a part-time job at a nearby doctor's office. -- Daddy, you'll be interested to read his website: http://www.dermclinic.com/

There was an email address so Monday afternoon I emailed. Tuesday morning around 7 the office manager answered me (she works 6am - 2pm) & asked for my phone number. I sent it and she called almost immediately. I went in at 8:15 for an interview. She was going to call me the next day to let me know what they decided, but called back later that afternoon wanting to know if I could start the next morning! Wow! I had a few things I needed to get done today so I'll start tomorrow.

I'll be in the front office, scheduling patients, maintaining files, working with payments, and eventually learning how to transcribe. 8:30-1:00 Monday - Friday while Lauren's in her DVC classes. All this without even typing my resume! LOL

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

My doctor has free WiFi in the waiting room. It sure helps pass the time while waiting.

Grandpa said...

You could take a picture of your camera in the bathroom mirror!

onemotherslove said...

Congratulations on both new items! Have you seen the photo of what I got??? : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...