Saturday, July 30, 2011

What You Might Find on a Sidewalk in Berkeley

Remember our trip to Berkeley several weeks ago?  We were walking down the sidewalk between antique stores and saw a sign that said, "FREE".  Behind it was a stack of furniture and 4 black shutters.  I couldn't believe that someone was giving all that away.  It's a good thing I didn't have a truck or a garage or lots more would have come home with me, too.

Today I cleaned them up a bit, took off the hinges, & added hangers to the back.  Jordy helped me hang them.

BTW, what do you think of our bench?  lol...  The table is new.  We had to take the back seat of the van out to get it in.  Then when we moved the table in we sat down & decided to leave the van seat there so everyone would have a place to sit until we found more seating.

So let me know if you have a bench for sale.  Maybe I should go back to Berkeley and see if I can find a free bench on the sidewalk!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my kind of shoppign Ann. Love it all.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

onemotherslove said...

I love the shutters! And oooh, I can already picture the Halloween decorations!!!

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Your salvaged shutters look great! Love the van bench, too!

red.neck chic said...

I'm cracking up... do you have some redneck in you? LOLOL

LOVE your blog!!!

;-D robelyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...